- Has served as executive director of the Pigeon Forge Department of Tourism since September 1989. During his tenure in Pigeon Forge, he has been responsible for managing the city’s $167 million investment in advertising which has generated more than $17 billion in tourism revenue for this popular destination.
- During a 37-year Tennessee tourism career, has also served as executive director of the Oak Ridge Convention and Visitors Bureau, as tourism development manager with the Knoxville Convention& Visitors Bureau, and as marketing manager for the Blount County Chamber of Commerce and Smoky Mountain Visitors Bureau.
- Past Chairman of the board of directors of the Southeast Tourism Society.
- Serves as a member of the board of Directors of AAA Tennessee.
- Received a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism from the University of Tennessee.
- Proud veteran of the United States Army.